This one’s for the girls (sorry boys!). I thought I would do a blog post with a difference and share some of my essential surf trip beauty products.
- Surfers Skin Sunscreen– by far the best product I have found for covering up. It’s easy to apply, waterproof, and as it comes in a solid stick formula, its not messy or greasy. Factor 30 too so for those of us who burn easily, it’s ideal!
- Bottle of water – surfing makes me really de-hydrated. This is the first item out of my bag when I get back to the beach
- Roxy cap – when you have just come out of the sea and your hair’s not looking its best, cover up with a hat. This hides my thinning crown which looks worse after taking a battering from the sea!
- Cleansing wipes – useful for removing last traces of sunscreen, sand and saltwater
- Hypromellose Eye Drops– essential for dry, irritated eyes from all that saltwater
- Afro comb/wide toothed comb – the only way to sort out those tangled tresses!
- Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner – this sulfate free formula nourishes and hydrates whilst repairing and strengthening. Smells gorgeous and comes in a handy travel size
- Boots Organics Moisturiser– essential for dry, dehydrated post-surf skin
- Dove 48hr Deodorant – better to have a post-surf shower straight away, but this isn’t possible when I’m doing a day trip surf
- Lip salve – essential for chapped lips. Cheap and cheerful works for me
- Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve – the only hand cream I have found to relieve chapped hands. More useful for Autumn/Winter surfs
- Make up – my skin looks blotchy post surf so I always take my trusty Mac Studio Fix foundation with me. A bit of mascara too (Boots 17 ‘Dolled Up’ – great for adding length and curl) and that’s all I need.
And when I’m looking a bit more human, it’s off to the pub for a post-surf analysis, meal and well-deserved drink! Sometimes even a hot chocolate from the services on the way home J