Despite holidaying in Cornwall for many years, I’ve barely scratched the surface of places to visit, paths to wander, beaches to explore and hidden gems to find.
When we moved to Cornwall 8 months ago, I wanted to explore my new home straight away. Despite it being Winter, I ticked a few things off my list – visiting St Agnes and Port Isaac, walking the coast path around Bedruthan Steps, surfing Polzeath and eating at Lusty Glaze beach restaurant.
But since moving house, working, building up my freelance business, surfing and getting back into my fitness, I haven’t found the time for many day trips.
The bucket list
I’ve been inspired by some friends to create a Cornwall bucket list featuring the places I want to visit and things I want to do (Thanks Ian and Terri!). They did something similar in the first year they moved to Cornwall and it motivated them to get out and explore loads of beaches and coves. By the end of the year, they had ticked everything off their list so I reckon it’s a great way to get out there!
Here’s the top 23 things I want to tick off my Cornwall bucket list (which I will undoubtedly add to!):
2. Visit Polkerris and have dinner at Sam’s on the Beach
3. Have a bonfire on the beach, toast marshmallows and watch the sun go down
4. Indulge in a spa day at The Scarlet
5. Cycle along the Camel Trail
6. Go jet ski-ing and see the coastline from a different perspective
7. Visit the Japanese Garden at St Mawgan
8. Watch a movie on the beach at the open air cinema
9. Visit Mevagissey
10. Explore the villages, beaches and coves around The Lizard
11. Go to a feast night at the Hidden Hut
12. Go camping at Treen
14. Walk the south west coast path around St Agnes, Chapel Porth and Wheel Coates
15. See dolphins and basking sharks out at sea
16. Watch the surfers in Winter at Porthleven
17. Hire a kayak or SUP on a flat day
18. Explore St Nectan’s Glen
19. Spend a lazy afternoon on a summer’s day at a secret cove
20. Surf at Holywell Bay
22. Visit the St Eval Candle factory and shop
23. Throw a party at Retorrick Mill (even though I’ve been there loads of times!)
If you’ve visited Cornwall and have any suggestions that you think I might like, let me know! I will be blogging about each one as I tick them off my list.